Making the Best of Pay Day ShoppingSeptember 20, 2019
As food costs continue to rise, it’s a good time to revisit the basics of frugal food shopping.
- Go with cash only – draw cash and spend only that and not a cent more
- Plan it out (with Frugal Shopper 😊) – pre-plan your budget, find recipes that fit your budget and always price compare.
- Skip packaged items – You pay allot for the packaging of an item. Prepacked items are way more than a loose counterpart.
- Grind Your Own Coffee – make it a fun way to get real ground coffee for far less than you expect. Invest in a good blade grinder and Voila!
- Loose the Meat – Eat at least 3 non meat meals a week and reduce your monthly meat money.
- Eat Fruits and veg that’s in season. – It will work out far better priced
- Don’t Shop on an empty stomach – Eat before you shop or you will shop to eat.
- Shop and compare at sales and specials – Frugal shopper app can help with that.